All vehicle owners know it is essential to wash your cars. It cleans away dirt, debris, and other contaminants that can damage your paint. But what is often overlooked is cleaning your tires and wheels.
Your tires connect your car to the road, and they need a little extra lovin’. Keeping them clean also helps prevent grime from traveling to other parts of your vehicle as well.
However, keeping them squeaky clean, so they look beautiful is not the only benefit. Your tires have antiozonant, which is an organic compound that helps them last longer.
Over time, antiozonant climbs its way to the surface of your tires breaking them down. However, cleaning and treating your tires often helps to slow down this process and prevent corrosion, extending the lifespan of your tires.
Below you will find a few tips to help clean and protect your tries.
- Choose a cleaning product safe for your specific tires and wheels.
- A stiff brush or one with nylon bristles works great to clean the hard-to-reach spaces on your tires.
- Clean tires one at a time and rinse thoroughly with water to stop the cleaning products from drying onto the surface.
- To prevent scratching, use a microfiber or terry cloth towel to dry the surface of your tires and wheels.
- Make sure to protect your wheels and tires with wax or glaze.
The process of cleaning and protecting your tires sounds easy enough, but it is time-consuming, and if not done correctly, it can be a big waste of time.
If you don’t have the extra time to treat your tires and wheels, Fine Airport Parking professionals are trained to tackle the job in no time. In addition to cleaning your tires, we offer several other detail packages as well.