On Average, upwards of 40,000 vehicles travel the highway south of the airport. Now that the SH-11 bridge rehab project is underway, Tulsans should expect significant backups on the way to TUL though early 2020.
Early 2020?! I know, crazy right? However, this $9 million project is improving eight bridges on Oklahoma 11 south of the airport. You know the song, “London Bridge is Falling Down…” yeah, Oklahoma is aiming to avoid that!
So here is what you can expect over the next year.
- East and westbound SH-11 will switch to one lane in both directions from Pine St. to the TUL complex.
- The eastbound SH-11 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 will be temporarily narrowed.
- The right lane of east and westbound I-244 will be unavailable at SH-11 junction through mid-February.
- Additional lane and ramp closures will be announced ODOT says.
So what is the best route to take to get to Fine if you’re running behind?
- Exit highway 11 to Pine St.
- Make a left on Pine St. and drive until you reach Memorial Dr.
- Make a right on Memorial Dr. and continue until you reach East Virgin St.
- Make a left on East Virgin St.
- And, voila! Enter Fine Airport Parking on the left.